Antibiotic / Antimicrobial Therapy
Antibiotic/Antimicrobial Therapy is utilized to treat infections unresponsive to oral antibiotics. It is, typically, a short-term therapy that can be administered from 1 day to 6 or more weeks.
- Recommended short-term line placement for therapies lasting longer than 1 week in duration.
- Administration method may vary from IV Push to Gravity to Pump.
- Labs may be ordered and are based on drug as well as length of therapy.
- First Dosing in the home may be possible. Please consult a Chartwell pharmacist.
Indications/Candidates for Antibiotics
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Wound Infections
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Septic Arthritis
- Fungal Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Respiratory Tract Infections